Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Spiraling out of control

Not really.
(Or at all actually, just enjoying how dramatic it sounds)

Anyways, just a quick note: I intended for this blog to primarily (for this summer at least) record my successes and failures as I attempt to cook for my family, but I mostly cook dinners so the pictures have terrible lighting/I'm too lazy to constantly upload/edit pictures, so I guess this has kind of deviated into my online diary (when I had an actual diary, I updated it this rarely as well). Which may or may not be a good thing (probably not).

But just to take stock quickly:

Recent recipes have included:
  • These (fish, peach-corn) taco recipes
    • Notes: the fish was very bland; peach was a hugely important ingredient; tortillas toasted best in toaster; very easy to put together leftovers
  • "Vegan" Strawberry Cake (not 100% vegan because I used actual cream cheese for the frosting)
    • Cake was good with 1/4 cup sugar + 1/2 cup agave nectar; frosting was popular with all but sister (who is extremely particular about food); made one rather flat 9 inch cake- 1 8oz packet of cream cheese was more than enough; next time: less jam, more frosting in between layers

  • Chocolate Monkey Smoothie:
    • Sort of weird tasting- because of extra spinach? Better with added milk + agave
  • Homemade Calzones:
    • Very successful, but next time triple/quadruple recipe to feed 6 (and then add veggie side)- pockets are very small

Sorry for the lack of pictures- might add some later, but they didn't look too hot on the camera screen so probably not.
(Update: pictures weren't too terrible, so have been added- hurray at last!)

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment